Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Some excetment around our place!!!

Critters...
Last night we were sitting around the living room reading the Bible, and Roxie started barking at something on the back porch. So Dad turned the light on and lo and behold there was a opossum. I ran and got the 22 pistol, and Anna got her 'cannon'!! I chased it around the side of the house and it ran up a tree!!!! It took me 6 shots (and I think I hit it all 6 times) but I finally got it.

Later...

This morning I was down at the barn and I heard a shot that was loud and close! Samuel was also down there (at the barn) cutting wood, and he asked ''what that was''. We didn't realize that it was Mom that had shot. She got a coyote, way to go Mom!! Any-way, Samuel and I went out into the pasture to see if it was worth skinning. It wasn't, the whole side of it was ripped open. Samuel dragged it out to a good place to attract other critters, we also put the opossum with it. So wish us good luck on the critter hunting!!!!!! 

No comments: