Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tuesday's happening!!

Tuesday I drove the dump truck for Dad. I was on Sorghum Mill Road headed west, when I came over the top of a hill. And there was a large mulch truck sitting in my lane, facing me!!!!! I was going about 50 mph. I put in the clutch and jammed on the brakes!!! The back of the truck started sliding to the left!!! It was not responding what-so-ever!!! All I could see was the grill of that truck rushing at me!! I let out the clutch trying anything to get it to slow down. Well that caused it to lurch and go from sliding to left to turning left and shooting across the road into the ditch!!!! I was okay and the truck also came out okay!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your okay.

Unknown said...

YIKES!! I know what that is like! I had a similar accident a year ago, only the lady who was in my lane was moving! She ran me off the road. It is a scary thing to see another car in your lane! Glad you are okay!!

Shiloh Smith said...

That sounded like a close one!

Helen said...

hmm, if not a horse, then a truck. I am glad that you are OK.