Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday, sewing day!!!!!!

My project: a pillowcase! So cute!

Here is what to do,using a 1/4 inch seam on everything: Cut main piece of material out at 27'' on fold, then trim width to 21'' wide.
Sew three sides. Both long sides, and one end. Serge.

Next cut the other material for the band, out at 9'',  then trim length to 44''.
Press wrong sides together, sew (still with wrong sides together) to right side of the open end of pillowcase. Serge. Press seam toward pillowcase. 

Top stitch around the top edge of the pillowcase.
You can add something to it if you like.

Here it is done and folded. I made it for traveling.
I can't wait to use it!!!! 

This is what I did to embellish mine, I put a tab of ribbon by the bottom of the case.
                            If you have any questions write a comment, I will answer on a post.

No comments: